Tomorrow Forecast Snow!! 5 tips to decrease aches after shoveling
1. Active Recovery – It is actually important to use movement to help decrease build up of lactic acid in the muscles. A great and easy thing to do is walk it out. So after shoveling take a 10 minute walk.
2. Remember to stand up straight to reverse all the bending forward you just did. Take breaks while shoveling to stand upright and realign the spine
3. Use the legs, bend at the hips and knees in a squat position and when you lift the shovel lift with the legs by standing up using the big muscles of the legs
4. Once inside do some self-myofascial release using a foam roller, lacrosse or tennis ball, roll out the front of the thighs, the hamstrings, buttock muscles, and calves. Making sure to hold on the tender spots for a good 3 minutes
5. Restorative Yoga Poses – cat/cow, child’s pose, and cobra all great poses to decrease stress on the back.
ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF THE DAY